ARRL East Bay Section ARES®
ARRL East Bay Section ARES® ("EB-ARES") has adopted this as its mission statement:
ARRL East Bay Section ARES®, the Amateur Radio Emergency Service® unit of the ARRL East Bay Section, supplies volunteer communications services to its served agencies in support of their public-service responses to critical incidents.
Volunteer Communications Services
Volunteer communications services are those
- provided without compensation in the public service for a served agency by licensed Amateur Radio personnel who are registered in ARES, and
- intended to implement and sustain communications or related functions during a critical incident or during training for a critical incident.
Volunteer communications services are not limited to Amateur Radio and may include services related to or associated with communications.
Served agencies of EB-ARES are entities
- that serve the public during critical incidents, and
- that the ARRL or EB-ARES have agreed in writing to support with volunteer communications services at such times, and
- that may be government, non-government, for-profit, or not-for-profit.
Critical incidents include but are not limited to
- Emergencies: known existing immediate threats to human life or property
- Disasters: occasions of human hardship due to natural or human-caused events
- Communications failures
- Anticipated emergencies, disasters, or communications failures